If there’s one thing I love more than motivational videos is, OPRAH in a motivational video.
If you’re feeling down, demotivated and uninspired lately; I can assure you that Oprah’s words will help you find the clarity and motivation that you need to get through this journey.
Oprah met with Standford Business School last year and between her hilarious imitation of her young self, and her inspiring words, she wrapped up one of the most inspiring interviews that you will ever get to watch.
Since it’s an hour long – and you should definitely take that hour to watch the whole thing – here are the two snippets that hold the most important lessons in her incredible, successful story.
OPRAH ON THE SECRET TO HER SUCCESS.
- “My life is filled by my being. And the being fills the doing. I come from a focused place of compassion, a willingness to understand and wanting to connect. The secret of that show is that people can see themselves in me”.
- “Even as I became more and more financially successful, because I am grounded in my own self that although I can have more shoes, my feet are still on the ground. And I can understand who I really was only because I was grounded”
- “Every time (of her work) is full, it comes from me wanting to be a better person on Earth; and the reason why the show worked is because I understood that audience would come from all over the world, and I had such regard for that i understood that there was really no difference in the audience with me. Because we all came from the very same of place of seeking happiness.
- The core of our existence was all of the same. We are all seeking the same thing. Everybody wants to full fill the highest, truest expression of yourself as a human being. And because I understand that, I was allowed to connect with everyone and staying true to myself.
OPRAH ON STAYING TRUE TO YOURSELF AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN NEEDS AND DREAMS.
- You don’t have anything to give that you don’t already have. So you have to keep your own self full. That’s your only job.
- Your real work is to figure out where your power base is and work on the alignment of your personality, the gifts that you have to give, with the real reason you are here.
- I consider a compliment that I am full of myself. Only when I am full, I have so much to offer and so much to give and I am not afraid of honouring myself.
- My life has to be bigger than that [talking about how her mother got pregnant because her father was curious to see what she was hiding under her skiirt]. There is a bigger design for us to be here. You have got to develop the ability to take care of yourself and honour that and yourself. There is no selflessness in that, because only through that we have the ability to offer the full of expression who you are to the rest of the world.
And towards the end of the interview, she concluded by sharing these incredible words of advice.
“There are no mistakes. There really aren’t any, because you have a supreme destiny…You don’t know that, you get all flustered, you get stressed all the time, wanting something to be what it isn’t. There’s a supreme moment of destiny calling on your life. Your job is to feel that, to hear that, to know that and sometimes, when you’re not listening, you get taken off track. You get in the wrong marriage, the wrong relationship, you take the wrong job. Yeah, but it’s all leading to the same path. There are no wrong paths. There are none. There’s no such thing as failure really, because failure is just that thing, trying to move you in another direction. So you get as much from your losses, as you do from your victories because the losses are there to wake you up.”
Oprah, you have done it again.